Q. What is the time commitment of being a coach?
- BAYS - BAYS teams have two practices a week (1-1.5 hours), in addition to 1 game every Saturday. Coaches determine their 2 practice days and can practice on any of the following: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday, & Sunday.
- Sunday Game Day - There are NO PRACTICES during the week. Sessions are only on Sundays and are 45 minutes for PreK and 60 minutes for K-2nd.
Q. How do I become a coach for PreK - 2nd grade Sunday Gameday and/or BAYS?
- When registering your child on AdminSports for Sunday game day and/or BAYS select the option to volunteer coach.
Q. How many coaches will be selected?
- There needs to be enough coaches to support the respected # of teams of their child’s age group. Weston Soccer Club’s goal is to have at least 2 coaches per team, but no more than 3.
Q. How will I know if I’ve been selected to be a coach?
- You will be notified by the Age Director of your child’s respected age group.
Q. What additional steps need to be taken once selected as a coach?
- Coaches need to be Cori’d AND complete the Safesport certification (Please refer to the “Coaching” tab for further details). In addition, familiarize yourself with the content under the "Safesport" tab.
Q. I’ve never coached. Will I be given any guidance?
- YES! Leading up to the season, Weston Soccer Club will host both a Sunday GameDay and BAYS coaches meeting to go over everything you need to know. You will be given the resources (communication, curriculum, & equipment) that will make for an enjoyable season for you and your team. In addition, professional guidance will be present at every Sunday gameday session, as well as support BAYS practice sessions throughout the season.
Q. Who do I ask if I have any questions?
- Each BAYS age group has an Age Director who will be your point of contact about anything program related. See "Board of Directors" under "About WSC' for the respective age directors.
- Sunday GameDay coaches will report to the Sunday Gameday Director, Jake Sykes with any on field or off field logistical questions. Jake Sykes - [email protected]