3rd – 8th Grade BAYS
3rd-8th grade is a travel soccer program with teams competing in the Boston Area Youth Soccer League (BAYS). BAYS is a competitive league in which town-based teams compete against each other on weekends. The average driving time to away matches is 25 minutes (ranging from 15 to 60 minutes).
- Teams are formed based on skill and draw from 2-year age groups: 3rd/4th grade, 5th/6th grade and 7th/8th grade.
- Teams are coached by volunteer parents who give their time to plan and lead sessions, support the growth and development of both the players and team alike, and build a positive and competitively rewarding environment.
- Teams have two practices/week with their respected team and coaches. All practices are 75-90 minutes.
- Two team practices are determined by the respective coach/es of each team and will run on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, or Friday.
- Each team has 10 games - 5 home and 5 away – against a team from a surrounding town. Games are officiated by certified referees.
Use of Professional Coaches:
- Every BAYS team will get a professional coach attend 4-5 practices over the course of the season.
- Professional coaches will cater to the needs of the respective team and form a session plan that both players and coaches alike can learn something from.
- Professional coaches will also attend Saturday home games and provide written team assessments that volunteer coaches can use as constructive feedback to go forward in training with their team.